Monday, October 24, 2005

Frieze Art Fair

Went to the Frieze Art Fair in Regents Park yesterday, scammed a VIP pass and all (free coffee, shame I don't drink it) I love contemporary art (most of it), and find it completely inspiring. I also wish I had some serious dough so I could own some of it. The video work wasn't as good as last year, but there was some amazing photography, and this year quite a lot of the artists had used collage.
This year, I looked at the artwork from a different perspective than I usually do. I tried to think about how I could take something from them and apply it to Garden design. Some inspired more than others, so here's a few photos of things I found wonderful.


I love how the 'windows' within the curves of this sculpture frame the illuminated background. It changed from every angle


This effect of a serigraph on copper sheeting, could be applied to different materials. This piece has a feeling of 'trompe l'oeil' about it


This amazing collage, shows what an effective medium it can be


This deconstructed image was one of my favorites(photo does not do it justice) A photo of an every day object, altered within itself, like a jigsaw being put back the wrong way


I liked this piece, in terms of the possibilities of the material. Cold stainless steel sheeting made to look delicate and fragile. Laser cutting is definitely something I want to explore

There was so much more, and the ideas were endless.............my head hurts..bye,

Raina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home