Sunday, November 06, 2005

Majorelle Gardens

One of the things I was thinking about this week when doing this new sketch design was the duality of colour. I have used this in my concept for this project by using orange and blue, opposite colours. I suppose though that you could say that the 'duality' of a particular colour does not have to be decided using a colour wheel. Red could be the opposite of blue as one is a hot colour and one is cool. Just a thought! Anyway when I was deciding about which colours I would use, I remembered the use of colour in a garden I visited in Morocco in May, the Majorelle Gardens. Definite highlight of my trip.

Pergola with red and blue contrast



Water feature Yves Klein blue with white and acid yellow. Looks fantastic.


There is a duality to the planting in this garden. you go from dry, cactus garden to lush rainforest planting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home