Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Weekend

On the weekend I went to The Design Museum and Tate Modern. At the Tate I saw the Rousseau exhibition, but it wasn't my cup of tea really. Rachel Whiteread in the turbine hall was best viewed from above. Different to her other work, which I love.....this one felt a little like a warehouse full of boxes. But still very effective in the Turbine Hall. I don't think anything will ever beat the installation that Anish Kapoor did there a few years back.
The Design Museum was great. I hadn't checked what was on, so it was a pleasant surprise. They are doing an exhibition of the graphic artist Robert Brownjohn. Well known for the credits in some James Bond films. I had no idea about him, but this guy was a genius....truly inspiring. Took way to many drugs though and died before he was 45. Here are a few photos of his work, I especially love 'watching words move'


No matter what I am doing there is always something to remind me of homework!















An installation he did for Pepsi headquarters in 1959. Made me think of my last sketch design. Just proves no ideas are original








This is from a series he did called Watching Words Move. Such a simple idea, yet how many of us could have thought of it?





















Peace?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home