Sunday, December 04, 2005

Melbourne

Well continuing along my patriotic theme, I thought I would post some photos of my last trip home in June. The following photos were taken in Melbourne. A fantastic city, who embraces the new. Some of Australias more interesting modern architecture can be found here. All very inspiring of course!


This is a water feature at Federation Square. Very difficult to photograph. It was a wall about 2.5m high and 5m long. Its surface is of slate which is "ridged" with a zig-zag pattern (hard to describe) water cascades down it and the ridges cause the water to create patterns as the water molecules cling to the slate, making their way down to the base. Hopefully these photos show what I mean.


















Cor-ten steel at Melbourne University. This continued along the front of the whole building. I guess the only problem with it is that the shapes that protrude outwards, shelter the surface underneath, giving that kind of 'urinal' effect, when it rains....but I still like it





Finally, one of my favorites. This gate was the entrance to a residential property squeezed between two shops, on a busy shopping street. I love the detailing on it, with one bird flying off the gate onto the shop wall.















Just noticed that my blog looks different in Explorer, as I publish on Safari...how annoying. Hope it all makes sense to you explorer users out there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home