Friday, October 06, 2006

Chaumont


























































Yes you are right. This is not Wales! I am yet to have my photos developed, and so will be doing my Wales blog as promised, at a later point.
This years theme at Chaumont was 'Playing in the Garden' I was unable to go, but found a fantastic website that has really good photos of the gardens. It also has photos of many previous festivals. Here is the link select Jerome Galland and then Archives.

It seems there were many successful ideas and concepts. I especially like the bamboo structure and the red and white chessboard (a reference to Alice in Wonderland) Next years festival has the theme 'Mobile. For a World in Motion' If you want to know more or maybe even enter, then there is info on this link

Just looking at the images has inspired me to do some conceptual gardens for fun. I hate to say it but I am missing the sketch design challenges Jamie gave us last year. Is anyone else? I propose looking randomly in the dictionary, choosing a word and designing a garden. It will be just like old times!

Have to add, that I would not swap places with the people starting their final year for all the tea in China!

3 Comments:

Blogger suze said...

Chaumont pics look really interesting will have a look at the site. Good to see you blogging again Raina and I hope the job is going well. Sue

1:51 pm  
Blogger David Watson said...

Thanks for the note Raina, great to see you're keeping the blog going - and maintaining a high standard!

Yes, the blog project continues this year and there will be more students involved so I may find some other way of keeping an index rather than the long list on my blog. Whatever the result, there will be a link from my blog to the index.

I'm going to be introducing the project this week and I will be using your blog as an example. Thanks for the great work.

David

1:40 am  
Blogger NOT a happy bunny and cous! said...

You have to feel for the poor souls!! JL ranting and raving week after week! (Oh God, it's all coming back) Anyway welcome back and hope the job is going well? You'll have to let us know what its like to work in the industry. I've currently picked the leisure industry! TTFN Kim

5:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home