Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Are we there yet?

Oh please let this end now. I have had enough. I have already taken a few tentative steps into life as I used to know it, and I like it and I don't want to do anymore horrible things like construction drawings. Everything feels tortuous and it is taking every ounce of self will I have left to get it done. On Sunday I was at The Fat Duck with my other half and for a few moments I believed I was happy again! Now it is Wednesday and I am back at the drawing board wondering was it all a dream?
I took some photos of one of the amazing desserts I had (14 courses in all) so I am posting these pictures to confirm to myself that life is just around the corner and soon it will be as beautiful as this pudding!
















(In case you want to know what it is, I took a copy of the menu: Mango and douglas fir puree, bavarois of lychee and mango, blackcurrant sorbet....it was amazing!)

2 Comments:

Blogger dickie said...

I gotta ask...did you have snail porridge?

10:09 pm  
Blogger Raina said...

Yep! Had the snail porridge, which was surprisingly delicious. It did not look at all like what you imagine. The only thing I didn't really love was the bacon sorbet.
I can only describe the experience as science meets food meets performance art.....very surreal

2:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home