Saturday, February 11, 2006

Broadgate visit

Emma and I took Andrews advice and went and walked around Broadgate yesterday afternoon. Even though I have a huge amount of work to be getting on with, it was well worth taking the time out. It provided inspiration and we looked at detailing and choice of materials. They really are hugely important and can make or break ideas.
The photos posted here are off the web, as I took my old fashioned camera with me. They don't like people taking pictures there, but Emma and I assured them that we were not interested in photographing the buildings, we were only interested in the paving, benches and lights. So they said we could take photos. We checked out Finsbury square in the daylight and then went back when it was dark, to see it in it's full glory. It is a fantastic place and just makes you realise how underused lighting is when it comes to public spaces. I mean the possibilites are endless.
There are many other things to see at broadgate, and I will post some photos when I get my film developed, but this was definitely my favourite part.
I took along my sketch overlays to discuss with Emma. This was a huge help as I really seem to bogged down with my ideas sometimes and don't know where to go next. Sometimes all it takes is discussing it out loud with another person. Even when it confirms everything that you thought was wrong IS wrong, then all the better. With a combination of discussing ideas and seeing brilliant ideas in action, it really helped me to go back to the drawing board.
If anyone wants to go to Broadgate, it is right behind Liverpool St station.
























































r

1 Comments:

Blogger NOT a happy bunny and cous! said...

Lovely images Raina. I know what you mean about sharing your ideas - all of your comments helped to point me in A direction (don't know if its right but at least a start)

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home