Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Neverending Story

I just seem to have lost any ability to make decisions. Just when I think I am happy with my design, I stare at it a bit longer, and then I go changing it again. Now I am worrying I have gone to far and should have stopped developing my ideas, but to be honest once you change on thing it has a knock on effect. So this week was certainly not the 'easy' planting and materials overlays that it should have been. I have done more work on the planting, and my materials overlay is a joke really....but hey, I just gotta stop at some point, my brain is fried.
The following are pictures of my long and arduous design development. Three overlays? Try 15! I have not photgraphed all of them but just the major changes. I guess I am afraid that I will be told...I was going in the right direction early on, and that I have completely lost the plot by my last one. I don't even think I should be a garden designer if this is how long it takes me to do things.....unless I can charge my clients by the hour and they are filthy rich and don't mind! To use a form of analogy that Jamie is fond of employing, this year is like learning how to cook a souffle. The first few attempts sink in the middle (or the first 15) and then you finally perfect it and you get the finished article....you just have to persevere. I am still whisking the eggs on this one.


























r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home