Tuesday, February 21, 2006

System approaching overload

Just when I thought I had a handle on things, this week now has to be sacrificed for the professional studies module. I don't like to complain about things too much, I tend to go for the grin and bear it approach,but I have to say that this late delivery of a module that we should have had last year could be the straw that broke the camels back. Through no fault of our own, the part time garden design students are now doing a full time course, not only that but at a time when the pressure is really starting to mount up. We have a huge hand in for Tom Turner on the 6th March, not to mention all Jamies work, and now a whole three days of another subject........aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh Never mind trying to hold down a part time job and for many other part timers who have children, this really is a nightmare.

Now that I have that off my chest, lets move on. On Saturday I wrote half the day off as I had not taken a day off from Uni work for three weeks. I believe that it can be more productive to just stop, chill out and pretend it doesn't exist for a few hours, just to a) regain your sanity b) put things into perspective c) recharge your batteries. So I went with my lovely boyfriend, (who was suprised I didn't ask him to go out with friends so I won't be distracted from my work) and we went to the Hayward to see the Dan Flavin exhibition. We thouroughly enjoyed it because not only is the installation art fantastic, but it is all made with lights and colours, and it is like standing in front of a happy lamp (you know those ones that combat S.A.D?) The perfect exhibition for a grey February in London.

The following are two postcards of Flavin's work that I got. The green and yellow pieces, do not stand side by side, they are in fact back to back, so the green and yellow light pass through into each installation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home