Monday, March 27, 2006

Paddington Basin

On Saturday, before it rained, I walked from my flat along the canal up to Paddington Basin, where alot of development has taken place. If you are using granite setts in your design, you should definitely go and have a look! It has quite a strange atmosphere around there, especially on a weekend. It is empty and feels a bit like Canary Wharf. However they are building residential apartments, so in a few years time it should have a different vibe. There is some interesting detailing, and I was checking out the drainage as well. At the end of the development, near Edgware road tube, there are some interesting glass and corten steel sculptures (see pic). They are lit up at night, but I think they should have been water features. There is very good stair and ramp detailing near a Richard Rogers building, and plenty of interesting bridges and walkways over the canal. If anyone has a grass ampitheatre in their design, I have posted a pic of the one they have built at Paddington. It is a bit strange however, as it focuses on a gym...so I suppose it's purpose is as a place to sit and eat, but who wants to eat cake and look at a gym....not me!









































































































r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home