Monday, April 03, 2006

Is anyone out there?

Well things are pretty quiet on the blogging front. I keep procrastinating from more pressing matters and have a quick browse of the blogs, and no-one is writing anything......is this because you are all being way more disciplined than me or are you all on holidays?
I have been spending way to long on the rendering of my plan.....days in fact. Stupid really, but I find rendering with photoshop a trying process, as what looks great on the screen, generally looks crap when I print it out. I also phaffed around experimenting with an abstract approach, which I liked, but I couldn't decide what colour to make the large body of water in my design. Everything I tried ended up being to overpowering, so I ended up going full circle and back to choosing colours with more realism. I am posting what I have done so far. Still need to put in people and my show garden (and of course annotation!)
I am also attempting my setting out drawing (why did I put in so many curves?) and so far it aint going too smoothly. I am going to pencil in and then show Jamie or Andrew, before it gets inked. As for drainage overlays......so uninspiring, I just end up cleaning the flat instead. In fact the place has never looked so clean and tidy (amazing what a few deadlines looming over your head does for housework)

1 Comments:

Blogger Raina said...

thanks for your comments Dan. I did like some of my plant rendering from the first one too, however it was just too much info for one sheet. I have decided to use that rendering on my planting overlay, where it will make more sense. I really appreciate your feedback. Once you stare at your own work for a few days, decisions become almost impossible (and then you go looking for a feather duster!)

10:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home